Product Design and Experience Consulting
I specialize in product discovery with a focus on user experience design, social media and personalization. I believe disruptive technology and innovative interactions are driven by solving for human goals with a strong cross-functional, collaborative approach to product design.
- Development and management of the User Experience team.
- Responsible for directing improvments to the experience for Gust's next-generation platform for the early-stage investment ecosystem.
- Implementation of user-centered design best practices including ongoing research efforts for the discovery and validation of product direction.
- Responsible for the development and management of the E*TRADE Experience Design group.
- Development of Customer and User Experience strategies for ongoing product initiatives.
- Lead strategic initiatives to integrate User Centered Design (UCD) driven process improvements with the software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for UX/IA Strategy, product discovery and design efforts of LexisNexis branded websites with traffic exceeding 2million monthly visitors.
- Resource and project management activities for in-house and off-shore web design and development resources.
- Lead mobile UX design initiatives including mobile web and iphone application design.
- Usability testing and market research, including competitor evaluations, heuristic analysis and customer surveying activities for ongoing product design and improvements of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Account management and customer advocate, including ongoing strategic vision planning for international clients, (AT&T, Apple, AOL, MapQuest, Boost Mobile, Iusacell).
- Responsible for IA (information architecture) and UX (User Experience) including interaction designs, wireframes and UML for wireless and interactive web applications.
- Iterative (Agile) project and product management for international projects including the launch of MapQuest Navigator™ application on simultaneous carrier networks.
- Led product and program level activities for all client, storefront and authoring applications.
- Product Management, interaction and interface design including management of all IA/UX artifacts.
- Managed Product discovery and analysys activities for ongoing product design and improvements.
- Increased live client implementations by >200% over 1yr time period with multiple multi-million dollar clients in international markets including the launch of Centennial, Mplay and 5fad Music Services.
- Process Reengineering for PMO (Program Management Office) and (UML) development architecture.
- User Experience and Information architecture for clients, including Bank One Financial (During merger with Chase), and Christie's Auction House in NYC.
- Conducted User research and data analysis as well as development of UX/IA deliverables (Use Cases, Wireframes, prototypes, Process and Data Models) for the development of the Personal Account Management and BillPay banking applications (BankOne.com BillPay and Retail Lending Systems).
- Responsible for mentoring of Analysis Team (UX/BA) and associated deliverables including change management and training for affected resources.
Education and Certifications
Cornell UniversityBS - Human Development 1997
Rutgers State UniversityMMS - User Experience Design
LearningTree International Certifications.NET VB/C# and ASP.NET webforms
Rational University CertificationsAdvanced Project Management, MS Project, Requisite Pro, RUP and UML
For a more comprehensive overview of my experience, Download the complete resume